In the segment of joint pain treatment, EuroPainClinics workplaces focus on knee pain in advanced osteoarthritis. The aim is to reduce the intensity of the pain that accompanies this diagnosis.
Osteoarthritis is the most common non-inflammatory disease affecting the joints. Osteoarthritis causes degeneration of the articular cartilage, which covers the surface of the bones of the joints. Pain and swelling occurs. It mainly affects the age group from 60 years onwards.
What are the symptoms of knee pain in osteoarthritis?
- Long-term knee pain lasting more than 6 months
- Severe movement difficulties, feeling of instability
- Early stiffness of the joint or its stiffness after inactivity
- Swelling of the knee joint, deformities of the knee or redness caused by inflammation
- The sound of “scrubbing” bones as the knee moves
- Pain radiating to other places in the knee joint
- Long-term night or rest pain, etc.