For the treatment of selected types of back and joint pain, we provide modern regenerative treatment with autologous plasma, which is applied at EuroPainClinics workplaces exclusively under precise and safe X-ray navigation. Its significant advantage is the precise localization and targeted insertion of a unique substance directly into the site of the affected tissue, where its effects can be fully manifested.
What is autologous plasma
Autologous plasma is blood plasma obtained from the patient’s own blood, which is enriched with platelets with a high concentration of growth factors. Their strong regenerative, healing and anti-inflammatory ability effectively helps to renew the tissue around the joint, which reduces the intensity of pain or its removal.
Therapy is suitable for the following pain treatments:
- Intervertebral joints
- Sacroiliac (SI) joint
- Knee joint
- Hip joint
- Epicondylitis (tennis elbow, golf elbow)
How does the procedure work
X-ray guided application of autologous blood plasma is a safe, gentle and non-burdensome method with minimal risk of infection or allergic reaction. Its preparation and application takes place on an outpatient basis and in maximally sterile conditions.
- Approximately 8 to 10 ml of blood is taken from a patient’s vein into a special tube made of a particularly durable material and with safety certification.
- The tube is placed in a centrifuge, where the individual blood components are centrifuged for 10 minutes according to a precisely set mode.
- The obtained autologous plasma is ready immediately for application under precise X-ray navigation.
- Outpatient procedure
- The duration of one therapy is about 20 minutes.
- The recommended number for the highest possible therapeutic effect is 4 applications
- Above-standard therapy not covered by health insurance
How to prepare for the procedure
- No special preparation is required for the application of autologous plasma, only at least two liters of water should be drunk the evening before therapy.
- It is recommended to perform the therapy on an empty stomach in the morning, making it possible to obtain a larger amount of autologous plasma with a higher quality.
- It is recommended to limit smoking, alcohol and a high fat diet before therapy. Lipids, i.e. the fats contained in it, can affect the quality of the obtained autologous plasma.
- In case of chronic or acute illness (except contraindications), complete recovery must be achieved before application.